To apply for encampment please follow these steps:
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED AND NOT SUBMITTED THE PAPERWORK, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
IF YOU MISSED THE APPLICATION DEADLINE AND FEEL YOU HAVE A VALID REASON AND WISH TO REQUEST AN EXCEPTION TO THE DEADLINE PLEASE CONTACT MAJ TODD MANDEL AT TODDMANDEL.CAP@GMAIL.COM IMMEDIATELY.
- After completing the online application return here and download the Combined Release Forms.[wpfilebase tag=file id=31 tpl=simple /]Print this form off and ensure it is signed in all places. This form must be returned by 13 JUNE. Return it using one of two methods:
- Option 1: Scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line please include the applicant’s name. This is the preferred option.
- Option 2: Sign in all places and submit via US mail to: CAP Wisconsin Wing HQ, Attn: Encampment, 2400 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704-2572.
- You may pay in one of two ways. All payments are due no later than 06 JUNE to avoid a late fee. Scholarship applicants pay the encampment fee and will be reimbursed upon graduation from encampment:
- Preferred Option: Pay online by clicking here. You may pay for more than one cadet in a single transaction, but please indicate the name of the cadet(s) in the information box. If paying for more than one cadet from the same household, please select the full price option for the first cadet and then the discounted rate for subsequent cadets.
- If you don’t wish to pay online you may mail a check for the full amount to: CAP WIWG HQ, 2400 Wright Street, Madison 53704-2572. Include the name of the applicant in a note enclosed in the envelope with the check.
- WBS Tuition = $160/cadet
- WCA/CHA/WSS Tuition = $170/cadet
- Senior Staff = $80/senior
- Senior Staff <25 years old = $50/senior
- There is a 10% discount for each cadet after the first from the same household.
- Checks must be postmarked by 06 JUNE to avoid a $20 late fee.
- Cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellations made before 06 JUNE will receive a full refund. Cancellations after 06 JUNE but before 13 JUNE will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations after 13 JUNE will not receive a refund. Refunds will be issued after the conclusion of encampment within 14 days.
- WCA Applicants ONLY: Write a memorandum style letter to the attention of “WCA/CC”. In the letter explain a) why you wish to attend WCA, b) what you hope to learn by attending WCA, and c) how WCA will help you and your unit. CAPR 10-2 Attachment 2 outlines the proper format for a Memorandum style letter. Email your memorandum style letter, no later than 06 JUNE, to email@example.com. In the subject line type “WCA Applicant <Your Name>”.
A recap of the deadlines:
- 23 MAY: Scholarship applications due
- 30 MAY: Scholarship recipients notified
- 06 JUNE:
- Deadline for applications
- Deadline for payment to avoid $20 late fee
- Deadline for WCA essay submission
- Cancellations must be received by this date to receive full refund
- 13 JUNE:
- Combined Releases Form must be received.
- Cancellations must be received by this date to receive a 50% refund.
- 14 JUNE: Cancellations received on or after this date receive no refund.
- 18 JULY: Refund checks and scholarship payments should be received by this date.